BADGES UPDATE - the wonderful Ann of Zoolatry made these pawsome badges for my contest - isn't she just the best!
PRIZE BLANKET PICTURE UPDATE - the doggy winner will win a doggie blanket made of the material below just for his or her size, the kitty winners will get to select their blanket based on who got the most votes.
***DEADLINES HAVE BEEN EXTENDED***
Now more than ever we can see how important family is, and I love my brofurs and sisfur so much that I decided to make a contest. This is the Annual Best Fur Sibling of the Year Contest 2008 (I know it's 2009, but unless you have good stories from 2009 already, most of them will be from 2008! And our last contest was 2007, so we don't want to skip a year...)
1. To enter the contest you must make a post on this blog describing another non-human that lives with you in your household and what makes them the best fur sibling of the year. To add an entry, login to blogger using the email email@example.com and the password bestsibling. You may also post a picture, or any other media that helps effuryone see how special your fur sibling is.
2. The deadline for all entries is 12:00 midnight EST on January 31, 2009.
3. Voting for best brofur and best sisfur of the year will open at 10:00 AM EST on February 1, 2009. Voting will close at 12:00 noon on February 4, 2009.
4. Winners will be announced by 12:00 midnight EST February 5, 2009.
5. Only one entry per non-bean, but everyone in the household that isn't a bean can make an entry. And if you have a lot of fur siblings, you can all nominate the same one - for example, if it was my home, both Emily and myself could each make a separate and unique entry as to why Eliot is the best brofur.
6. To be eligible to enter our contest you either need to have a blog or a catster/dogster page; please link back to yourself!
7. Prizes will be awarded for first and second place brofur and sisfur. This year all the winners get a kitty blanket made by my Grandma. Winners choose blankets in order of most votes received.
8. Grandma also has a special award for best woofie sibling in honor of her dog Daisy; she will pick the best woofie entry and make a special blanket for the winner.
9. We will again have the Percy B. Stephens I Wish I Was an Only Cat award. Percy will pick the entry he thinks is best (usually the one that makes him the most jealous). These are entries by only kitties that describe why it's good to be an only cat. This kitty will win a pize pack and trophy.
10. And in the spirit of Skeezix, I can add or change rules anytime I want to because this is my contest.
And to anyone who wants to help, we are not the most tech savvy kitties. If anyone wants to make badges for the winners, or add a category, please feel free to contact us.